Nationwide service provider of professional aerial drone photography, video production, and data collection services.
The Mission of ConservationDrones.org
ConservationDrones.org seeks to share knowledge of building and using low-cost unmanned aerial vehicles for conservation-related applications with conservation workers and researchers worldwide, especially those in developing countries.
- build capacity in the developing tropics to use unmanned aerial vehicles for conservation
- raise public awareness of conservation challenges in those regions
- inspire others to adapt emerging technologies for conservation
- Commercial Drone Alliance Points Out the Major Flaw in FAA Proposals 19th April 2019News and Commentary. The comment period has closed on the FAA’s Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) on the Safe and Secure Operations of Small UAS, and the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) on the Operation of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems over people. Major manufacturers, community-based organizations, and industry associations have issued their comments and […]
- Airport Execs Want the Authority to Protect Their Communities from Drones. Now, the FAA Wants Them to Know: They Have the Authority – Kind Of. 18th April 2019The technology for controlling access to airspace around airports or other protected facilities is ready – but will regulations allow them to be implemented before the next damaging event? The following is a DRONELIFE exclusive guest post from Jaz Banga, CEO and Co-founder of Airspace Systems, a Silicon Valley-based company leading the development of aerial […]
- FLIR Launches Thermal Studio Software to Simplify Thermal Image Processing 17th April 2019Thermal imaging specialists FLIR have long been a part of the drone industry ecosystem. The company has established itself as the provider of thermal cameras to manufacturers including DJI and Parrot. But the obvious potential of drone-mounted thermal cameras has led FLIR to get more directly involved in the space in recent times. In January, […]
Home Banner - 12 Months
Secondary Banner - 12 Months
The Latest News
Kittyhawk and Jeppesen Work Together to Provide LAANC Authorizations
Drone airspace authorization program, LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability)
Drones Being Trialed for Whale Research by Ocean Alliance
With the speed at which the drone industry is progressing, there’s always an inspiring new story reg